Information about the COVID is being constantly updated – the latest information can be found on NHS Inform (Coronavirus (COVID-19) – NHS (www.nhs.uk)) or on the COVID Vaccine Helpline (0800 030 8013 – open 8am to 8pm).
Please call us as usual if you require medical advice. We currently provide telephone, video and online consultations as well as face-to-face appointments.
Please ensure that you adhere to the Covid checklist below when attending the health centre. This step is taken to ensure that we provide a safe service for patients and staff, protecting the most vulnerable / elderly patients in light of the current situation and using guidance from NHS and UK & Scottish Governments.
Please do not attend the Health Centre under the following circumstances:
- If you have any of the 3 Covid symptoms (cough, fever or change in sense of smell or taste) – please stay at home and arrange PCR testing by calling 0800 028 2816 or book a test online https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
- If you have been identified as a close contact of a positive Covid case – please stay at home and arrange PCR testing by calling 0800 028 2816 or book a test online https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
- If you have had a positive Covid LFD (Lateral Flow Device) test –please stay at home and arrange PCR testing by calling 0800 028 2816 or book a test online https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test (twice weekly testing is recommended and kits can be ordered online (https://test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk/order-lateral-flow-kits/condition), by phone (call 119) or collected from your local pharmacy)
- If you are awaiting the results of a Covid PCR test – please stay at home until you have been informed of your result – if positive, see below
- If you have had a positive Covid PCR test – please stay at home until your isolation period has ended (re-arrange any pre-booked appointments)
Prescriptions should be ordered online or by placing your re-order form at the front entrance – it is no longer possible to collect prescriptions from Reception, therefore please let us know your preferred pharmacy.
We would like to reassure patients that they will continue to have access to medical advice and treatment, however they MUST call to make an appointment and cannot attend at the Health Centre until they do this.